Saturday, October 16, 2010

LazyTown - Tarzan & Jane



This is the third of three shows that I wanted to be covered in my blog. Here is a show that is to help encourage healthy eating, how to work as a team and why exercise in children's lives is important.  I am going to give an overview of quotes from the above show clip just in case the video will not work for you. The blue dressed man is pretending to be Tarzan and the pink dress girl is pretending to be Jane. The age for him is supposed to be around 20 and she is supposed to be 15. Their actual ages during the show were 40 and 13.
Quotes from the show "Come baby come, I'll take you for a swing"- Tarzan. "Let's go honey I'm tingling"- Jane.  "When you touch me it spins my head"- Tarzan. "I feel it to when your touching me"-Jane. "Come to my tree house true my honey" - Tarzan. “Yes I will if you carry me... Tarzan is cute, Tarzan is strong, and can’t you hear his jungle song"-Jane. Tarzan-"Go cheka here monkey a banana, get funky, banana, everyone get funky". Then Jane says "Swing along Tarzan, I like to ride elephants". Then a gorilla swings on a vine and smashes into a tree after she says that.  "Why do you keep ignoring me" - Jane.  "Tarzan is here come kiss me baby"- Tarzan.  "oche-gouchi kiss me tenderly" -Jane. Then Tarzan says "YEAH" real creepy.


I can see why children like the show because it has a lot of movement and the tune is catchy. I used to watch the show myself and I do not remember anything of the nature that we just watched and I think that it has to do with the covering up of the meaning with education.

This is the URL to look up more Lazy Town Video clips.
http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=d7mG5pQ-s2U
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396991/fullcredits

3 comments:

  1. I want to know what you have to say about this show and what this clip is saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with alexis. The show is telling kids that it is okay to act like adults in there language and in reality it is against the law

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I would like to know is how long this show was able to be on the air and how many shows like this have been on the air befor it and after it. It makes me worry that children are wathing this and don't really fully understand the content.

    ReplyDelete